Patient Participation Group (PPG)
As a patient of Cookham Medical Centre you are automatically a member of the Patient Participation Group (PPG). The PPG is run by a committee (see Newsletter for list of members) working in close liaison with the doctors and practice manager. We work with with the practice to help all patients to take responsibility for their own health, that of their family and the health of the wider community. This help takes several forms:
- Information - Patient information is situated in the surgery waiting area, and includes, Leaflets on common conditions, PPG newsletter,and health promotion events. Some books on mental health are available from the counsellor/psychologist. Please ask for these at reception, or when you see the counsellor.
- Self-help groups - There are various local groups, supporting different needs. Several are represented on our committee
- Monitoring services - We are involved in checks on how well medical services are meeting your needs. If you are asked to comment, please do so, so that others may benefit from your experience. If you wish to make comments or suggestions at any time, please talk to a member of staff or use the 'Comments Box' in the waiting room. You can approach any member of the PPG committee in confidence if you wish
- Health plans - We monitor the plans of the Clinical Commissioning Group and hospital trusts and raise matters seen as important to Cookham patients.
- Support for the Medical Centre - This ranges from practical tasks around the centre to lobbying in support of medical initiatives
- Health Information Evenings - on a very wide variety of topics. Watch out for posters advertising these.
You are welcome at any activity organised by the PPG. You are invited to attend the Annual General Meeting and vote in elections and on resolutions. New members are always needed on the committee.
Please note if you can't attend meetings don't let that put you off. You could become an email member and get involved that way!
Friends of Cookham Surgery
We would be delighted if you would join our mailing group, 'Friends of Cookham Surgery'. We can then email you newsletters, as they are produced, (which vastly reduces the cost of distribution and our carbon footprint). In addition, you will receive details of Public Health evenings, organised by the PPG, and information about medical services and any changes and news at the Medical Centre.
To join the mailing list, please e-mail the Chair of the PPG
or the Treasurer email@example.com
You can, of course, unsubscribe at any time by advising the same e-mail address.
Also available from the surgery
- Free leaflets on various health matters
- The latest PPG Newsletter
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
The practice will not give the PPG your email address without your consent and therefore we do need you to sign up specifically with the PPG if you wish to receive communications from us.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.